On 02/02/2018 04:36 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 04:24:33PM -0600, goli...@dyne.org wrote:
On 2018-02-02 15:51, dev wrote:
On 02/02/2018 02:53 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
This is not a mish-mash. This is basically a Debian jessie with
additional wheezy and Ubuntu repos... :) No surprise you have problems
with dependencies.

Alrighty then... time to upgrade to Ascii. I'll see if I can find the
howto.

Thanks

I can't believe you'll be able to upgrade that broken install.  Start fresh
with a new Jessie install and upgrade to ascii with a proper sources.list
for devuan only..

Well, with appropriate pinning you can probably turn whatever modern
Debian derivative into a Debian etch, if you like (the main problem
being to find a mirror that still has Debian etch, but I must have the
fill CD set somewhere...) :P

You can use http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/ -or any of the other versions there-

It's probably easier, if you have LVM and spare space, to create a new volume, install with debootstrap, bind mount /dev, /dev/pts, /proc and /sys, chroot to it, make a new initrd, and point grub to boot from it.  It needs you to have a proper fstab, install a kernel, grub2 (grub-pc if I remember correctly), and any software you might need to boot, like lvm, mdadm and any firmware your machine requires.

Check carefully your grub configuration to make sure it will boot.

So I guess it must be possible to get a proper devuan jessie/ascii
from a MeDeBunVuan, without reinstalling.

I have never needed to reinstall a De??an on a machine, except for an
upgrade from wheezy to Debian jessie/testing that failed miserably,
for the first time ever. I guess that was some kind of signal sent by
the universe, that I didn't understand on that occasion (it was year 2
BD1 [Before Devuan] ) ;)

HND

KatolaZ

Héctor González