On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 02:56:13 +0100, Arnt wrote in message

> Hi,
> ..I got no response on https://talk.devuan.org/t/mirroring-devuan/45/7
> so I try here: do you guys have " du -sch "-style numbers for
> alpha-iso-cd  # 28MB

..today: 39.58GB, according to:

> devuan        # This is Debian minus Systemd?

..this is Devuan's code mirror.

>  Size?

..today: 13.81GB, according to:

> merged        # This is new devuan.org code,

..this is "Debian's mirror MINUS systemd PLUS Devuan's code mirror",
merger job is done with amprolla's you-don't-wanna-know server side

> size?

..today: 2.6TB, according to:

...or, if you like me have a partial Debian mirror on your lan with
source, all, amd64, i386 and hurd-i386 and oldstable/jessie, stable,
testing and sid, 413GB.

..minus hurd-i386, I estimate "merged" to: 365GB and a complete
"devuan+merged" Devuan mirror to: qalc 413-48+13.81 = 379GB.

> in http://packages.devuan.org/ ?

https://files.devuan.org/MIRRORS.txt misled me into mirroring
files.devuan.org/ rather than auto.mirror|packages.devuan.org/devuan,
it turned out "Devuan Mirror != Devuan Mirror." ;o)

..proper way to mirror Devuan mirrors:

> ..I have a partial (source,amd64,i386,i386-hurd) lan Debian mirror
> (bad isp link) and I understand some packages are identical over
> here at Devuan, so I guess I can play mirror guineapig here.

..in my case, I'd add "5c) IF YOU HAVE A DEBIAN MIRROR BOX ON YOUR LAN"
to ftp://ftp.fau.de/devuan/devuan_mirror_walkthrough.txt , swapping out
all mentions of "deb.debian.org" in section "5b) IF YOU DON'T HAVE A
LOCAL DEBIAN MIRROR" with a relevant lan ip (e.g. "") in all
the relevant rewrite rules.
That approach leaves your Debian mirror operative until you have
approval to yank it down, or, you can leave it up for those crazy bad
downtime cases all the way up to "Lennart comes back as Jesus." ;oD

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: