On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 22:14:20 +0000
KatolaZ <kato...@freaknet.org> wrote:

> TBH, it's normally the opposite (i.e., ps is much larger than it's pdf
> counterpart), but the pdf converter of libreoffice has traditionally
> been a bit quirky, so I wouldn't be surprised at all. You might
> probably want to try pdf2ps and then ps2pdf on those large ones?

Here's a one-liner from my snippets collection (source lost), which
yields impressive results of up to >80% file size reduction on badly
crafted (vector/text-heavy) PDF files:

# gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 \
     -dPDFSETTINGS=/ebook -sOutputFile=output.pdf input.pdf

Other possible parameters for -dPDFSETTINGS are /screen, /printer and
/prepress. (The /screen setting tends to mess up embedded graphics,
while the /ebook preset preserves even smaller QR-codes in a decodable
quality.)

libre Grüße,

Florian