On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 09:12:13PM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> Not many issues with devuan_ascii_2.0.0-beta_i386_NETINST, but for the
> moment I have to hit '@' for '"' and '"' for '@'. That's on a Logitech
> cordless keyboard.
>
> OK, for myself, I can remap them in ~/.Xmodmap, but is a more general
> fix called for?

You just need to use the right keymap (it looks like you are using a
US keymap on a UK keyboard or vice-versa). I guess the setting depends
on your desktop environment of choice.

If you don't use a DE, instead, setxkbmap should probably do the trick
for X.

For virtual consoles (i.e., if you don't use X), loadkeys is the
key. But in most cases it is sufficient (and easier) to
"dpkg-reconfigure console-data".

HTH

KatolaZ