On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 at 03:02:24 -0700
spiralofhope <spiralofh...@spiralofhope.com> wrote:

> I went down that rabbit hole, but it didn't work out.  I'm going to
> wait for ascii to come out, or possibly check out the beta if I get
> impatient.

  For stuff I needed to do at work I recently learned to record A/V from
the webcam and X11grab using ffmpeg in Ascii.  It never crashed on me.  Maybe
the issue lays on some codec you're using?  You could upgrade to Ascii,
ffmpeg looks solid here.  Could you please report a command line that crashes
in your system in order to check if I was just lucky or there's some specific
issue in ffmpeg?

Alessandro

> --
>

> If anyone is morbidly curious, I took some notes:
>
> https://blog.spiralofhope.com/?p=36766
>
> archived:
> https://web.archive.org/web/20180410095921/https://blog.spiralofhope.com/36766/devuan-1-0-0-avconv-crash.html
>

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 06:48:00 +0200
> "J. Fahrner" <j...@fahrner.name> wrote:
>
> > Debian switched back to ffmpeg. Try using that.
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/libav-provider/ffmpeg

Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
VOIP SIP: dhatarat...@ekiga.net
Chiavi PGP/GPG keys: B7FD89FD, 4A904FD9