On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 12:16:49PM +0200, Irrwahn wrote:
> Dear Devuaners,
>
> the Devuan team is currently working towards a Release Candidate for
> Devuan 2 "ASCII". Most of the parts should be already in place, but
> particularly in the policykit/consolekit/elogind area we are in need of
> some more thorough testing in order to guarantee correct installation
> of any of the supported desktop environments as well as smooth upgrades
> of existing installations.
>
> Here is where you can make a valuable contribution: If you happen to
> have a spare Devuan (Jessie|ASCII) or a Debian (Jessie|Stretch) desktop
> machine (virtual or hardware) that you feel brave enough to sacrifice
> for testing the upgrade paths - please do so! Ideally, you should report
> any irregularities you encounter in this thread. The main observation
> focus should be set on session related functionality, especially the
> ability to user mount removable drives and to restart or shutdown the
> machine using the controls offered by the respective desktop environment.
>
> Furthermore, testing fresh installs in various configurations using the
> latest ASCII mini.iso [1] will be much appreciated, although we should
> already have a pretty good coverage in that area, but more testing is
> always a Good Thing[TM].
>
> Thank you very much, any help you can offer is much appreciated!

If I can add 1cent, if you encounter any problem in upgrading, please
include the following information in your report:

- desktop environment you are using;

- whether the corresponding task-*-desktop was installed or not before you
  upgraded;

- whether you had consolekit and/or elogind installed in the system
  *before* and *after* the upgrade;

- the list of libpolkit-* packages installed in the system *before*
  and *after* the upgrade;

Now is the time to help out. A usual, having a clean release depends
on each of us, the D1rs.

My2Cents

KatolaZ