On 19-04-18 12:16, Irrwahn wrote:
Dear Devuaners,

the Devuan team is currently working towards a Release Candidate for
Devuan 2 "ASCII". Most of the parts should be already in place, but
particularly in the policykit/consolekit/elogind area we are in need of
some more thorough testing in order to guarantee correct installation
of any of the supported desktop environments as well as smooth upgrades
of existing installations.

Here is where you can make a valuable contribution: If you happen to
have a spare Devuan (Jessie|ASCII) or a Debian (Jessie|Stretch) desktop
machine (virtual or hardware) that you feel brave enough to sacrifice
for testing the upgrade paths - please do so! Ideally, you should report
any irregularities you encounter in this thread. The main observation
focus should be set on session related functionality, especially the
ability to user mount removable drives and to restart or shutdown the
machine using the controls offered by the respective desktop environment.

Furthermore, testing fresh installs in various configurations using the
latest ASCII mini.iso [1] will be much appreciated, although we should
already have a pretty good coverage in that area, but more testing is
always a Good Thing[TM].

Thank you very much, any help you can offer is much appreciated!

Best regards
Urban

[1] Available here:
https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/ascii/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

Updated from debian jessie to devuan ascii on a very minimal hosted server (apache2 for testing purposes).

Changed sources.list to my own mirror and ascii
apt-get update
apt-get install devuan-keyring
apt-get dist-upgrade
Everything fine except that systemd will not be removed
Reboot after checking sysvinit core has been installed
apt-get dist-upgrade
And system is now devuan ascii!!!

Grtz.

Nick