On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 12:17:58PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2018 11:16:50 +0100
> KatolaZ <kato...@freaknet.org> wrote:
>
> > https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/05/16/contributing_to_keep_small_linux_alive/
> >
> > Very interesting piece on the importance of contributing to keep alive
> > your favourite distro. Well, Devuan is mentioned in the article among
> > the "larger" distros, but the reasoning still applies to us I think.
>
> Wait a minute. Contributing is the minor message of the referenced
> link. The major message is that the Void Project Leader has apparently
> disappeared, as described here:
>
> https://www.voidlinux.eu/news/2018/05/serious-issues.html
>
> The voidlinux.eu domain is currently at risk, as is Github, and maybe
> the Void IRC channels.
>
> What can we Void users do to help, during these challenging days?

You should probably ask that question to the Void developers :-)

We actually reached out on the Void IRC channel a few days ago, saying
that we would be happy to help if needed. I got a pm reply from
Gottox, who said that their main problem at the moment seems to be
re-acquiring access to the github account that contains all the
packages. Unfortunately there is little we can do on that front, but I
really hope that they will find a way and continue with the
development ASAP.

Obviously, if anybody knows of ways in which we can help Void, well,
just shout.

HND

KatolaZ