On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 14:16:01 +0200
KatolaZ <kato...@freaknet.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 12:55:39PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 13:27:03 +0200
> > KatolaZ <kato...@freaknet.org> wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 12:15:27PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> > >
> > > [cut]

> > > Again, please, let's do our best to keep this discussion
> > > civilised. That's the reason I always ask for facts and
> > > references, because opinions can be easily misintepreted, and can
> > > quicly drive a civilised discussion down to a flame :)
> >
> > I thought I was being civilised, if you want, I could post an
> > uncivilised version ;-)

Damn claws mail, this was supposed to be onlist ;-)

> Rowland, I know you get what I mean :)
>
> If we go down insulting each other,

I am very sure I wasn't being insulting.

> the only thing that will remain of
> this thread is that "Devuan people start insulting you as soon as you
> say that something might be wrong with their distro".

There is absolutely no way you can say that 'Jimmy' was insulted from
the start. All I saw was that he was asked several times to provide
proof for what he was saying, but he didn't supply any proof and he
still hasn't.

> And the risk is
> to just let the main point get missed in the noise (the main point
> being that Jimmy is just spreading FUD that he can't substantiate with
> evidence, and has now turned to personal insults in the hope the list
> gets distracted by that...).

There is a definition for such a poster and it is 'troll'

> If we only had a way of catalising those energies into something
> useful for Devuan...

Yes, it would be nice, but in the meantime, I think 'Jimmy' should
have his posts moderated.

Rowland