On 18-08-18 11:44, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Jaromil wrote:
> -----------------
>> 1. dpkg --print-architechture
>> 2. dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
>> 3. list of enabled repositories (+ architechture)
>> 4. dpkg -l | grep wine
> I'm sorry to see that Ed moved on to RANT instead of providing basic
> information to those of use who were patiently trying to help on a
> voluntary basis. Without this information and in particular point
> 3. noone can help really. Also the act of helping could be made more
> pleasant in this thread.
> ----------------
>
> I provided that information already. I do not understand what the
> "(+architecture)" mean regarding repositories as I never enabled any
> arhitecture that is not supported by my hardware.
>
> I made it very clear it was a "rant" at the very top, but I am tired
> of always failing whenever I have the motivation to learn new software
> and Linux stops me. I remember the same bad experience when I learnt
> about Lazarus: it wouldn't install, I can say the same thing about
> kdevelop, etc.
>
> One way would be to extract all binaries from the entire dependency
> chain to a single directory and run wine executables by manually
> and should not break already installed libraries.
>
> Nevermind, thinking out of the box, for a certain category of people
> is frowned upon. Good old ldd will tell me what wine32 expects to be
> installed and brute force running wine32 with ld-2.24.so  should solve
> my problem.

Hi Edward,

I did a clean install from a ASCII live dvd.
Added the i386 architecture: dpkg --add-architecture i386
Installed wine with the command: apt-get install wine wine64 libwine
fonts-wine
and it installed both i386 as amd64 files

When i do: apt-get install wine32 is says it is already the newest version

It looks like that the package maintainer has named the package wine32
as wine. This holds too for the executable: from the cli you can both
start wine and wine64 but not wine32

I also researched your error message and found a bug in debian with this
message. Which was solved by first apt update and upgrade before
installing wine

Hope this helps

Grtz

Nick