On 2019-04-12 16:27, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 18:33:18 +0300, Lars wrote in message
<b21edc90-40c5-12be-9558-7731efd0e...@gmail.com>:

On 4/12/19 6:24 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
[snip]
> The problem with the phrase "freedom of init choice" is that it
> appears to say that one could choose systemd.
>
> We need to be clear that we are promoting freedom by providing
> alternatives to systemd, and that users that choose systemd can
> use Debian with our blessing.

+1

..we could add to that blessing, that "Debian is our back-up plan in
case we are wrong on the merits or perils of systemd, and we can be
Debian's back-up plan when they learn enough on the merits and perils
of systemd to make a properly informed decision on what to do. ;o)"

The misrepresentation of systemd as an init system adds to that
confusion.

...and explaining that scornful fact in a scornless way, adds
to the challenge.
Maybe compare "the way Linux came out of Unix and Minix,
to the way systemd came out of GNU/Linux as an OS"?

What we need is less talk and more action. All this wishful thinking is a waste of everyone's time and attention. My .02 . . .

golinux