Le 12/04/2019 à 17:24, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 10:41:53AM +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
On Friday 12 April 2019 at 00:53:40, Steve Litt wrote:

I suggest we pass the following resolution:

At Devuan we prioritize benefits to individual users over benefits to
corporations. Within the overarching umbrella of delivering
sans-systemd GNU/Linux systems, we seek to make life fun for
developers, caretakers, and all other contributors.
Do we want to emphasise purely "sans-systemd", or do we want to promote
"freedom of init choice"?
The problem with the phrase "freedom of init choice" is that it appears
to say that one could choose systemd.

We need to be clear that we are promoting freedom by providing
alternatives to systemd, and that users that choose systemd can
use Debian with our blessing.

    If I can add my 2 cents, I would say that the absenceof init choice is the emerged part of systemd. Systemd is not an init system, it is a massive threat to freedom all over the Linux OS. I think we all agree on this in the Devuan community, and this might be advertised.

            Didier