On 12/31/19 3:16 PM, Andrew McGlashan via Dng wrote:

Hi,

On 1/1/20 6:53 am, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
On 12/31/19 2:16 PM, Andrew McGlashan via Dng wrote:

Hi,

On 1/1/20 4:20 am, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
On 12/31/19 12:06 PM, Andrew McGlashan via Dng wrote:

So.... how long before we can expect to get stable release
of Beowulf? Is there a reasonable timeline available yet?

About the only thing left to do is make the isos, and we're
working on that. Meanwhile, upgrades from ascii seem to be
pretty smooth.

Okay, so safe to update /etc/apt/sources.list and then: apt-get
update apt-get dist-upgrade ... now?

For production systems or any systems?

Thanks A.

For production systems, I might do an upgrade on a test system
first, only because I haven't heard a lot of upgrade reports. Also,
there might still be some issues on upgrading lvm.

I use lvm, a lot, what are the problems with lvm?

I've upgraded standard system (no X), a few xfce systems and a
mate desktop. They've all been uneventful.

Thanks
A.

CenturionDan posted this in irc a few days ago:
" with the 4.19 kernel LVM requires udev to be running and /run/udev to exist in order for root on LV and other initramfs mounted volumes to be mounted.."

I ran into this issue on some fresh installs earlier this year and had to create and mount /run/udev in a chroot to get grub to install.

fsr