Hi tito,

On 22/12/20 8:18, tito via Dng wrote:
Hi,
I would prefer not to use udev/eudev at all for it and
stick with my KISS approach.
Another way might be the use of vdev actions, but vdev is a work in progress.
BTW I don't know how to achieve this with udev rules
could you be so kind and make a minimal example.
I can't understand the problem in the "Ethernet names revisited" thread,
because adding a new rule at the end (for example, 98-rename-net-devices.rules)
containing suggested lines like:

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="?*", NAME="new_name"

is working for me.

Cheers,

Aitor.