On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 15:34:34 +0300
Dimitris via Dng <dng@lists.dyne.org> wrote:

> Στις 21/4/21 2:53 μ.μ., ο/η Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng έγραψε:
> >
> > The first time around, there will be quite a long list of packages
> > that are candidates for removal.  Even without a desktop environment
> > installed the list can be several tens of packages.  Look for the
> > "top-level" kind of packages to `apt-mark manual`, things like
> > task-xfce-desktop, so you don't have to add a long list of packages.
> > You can `apt-mark auto` them later and fine-tune your list of
> > manually installed packages.
> >
> > # This is how I whittle down the list of xserver-xorg-video-*
> > packages # that I really need :-)
> >

> i believe debfoster package can do the same thing (if i understand
> correctly)...

Yes, 'debfoster' is a neat tool. I usually install and run it straight
after the first minimal system installation and then regularly after
installing additional packages. When you have the 'Install-Recommends'
and 'Install-Suggests' options disabled in your 'apt' config, it keeps
track of the manually selected additional packages; if an in depth
maintenance is desired, there are the '--no-keeperfile' and
'-ignore-default-rules' options.

libre Grüße,
Florian