On 26-06-2021 11:45, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 6:10 PM Patrick Bartek via Dng
<dng@lists.dyne.org> wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 11:34:32 +0200
Alessandro Vesely via Dng <dng@lists.dyne.org> wrote:

On Tue 15/Jun/2021 20:41:09 +0200 Patrick Bartek via Dng wrote:
I have found that each desktop uses its own method of automounting.
PCManFM may have the mounting code built-in. Or it may use udiskie.
Check PCManFM's dependencies and see if udiskie is listed. Did you
install udiskie yourself? If not, then some other app did and it's
probably needed. If it's not causing problems, leave it be.

Right.  For spacefm it is udevil.

Curiously, spacefm was mounting smoothly until yesterday, on chimaera
+ openbox.  After I did a system upgrade, I couldn't mount an USB key
any more, until I manually installed udevil.  What happened,
dependency changes?
This is one of the "gotchas" that can happen when running an "in
development" version.  As far as why it happen: could be a number of
things.  Most of the time, it's because a dependency, like udevil to
spacefm, become mismatched version-wise.  That is, udevil has become
"too old" to work with spacefm, and the upgrade process uninstalls it.
Try "full-grade" instead of just "upgrade" to get the newer version of
the dependencies when "upgrading." In fact, this is the recommended
procedure when running an "in development" or testing version.

Please - - - not understanding the command(s) suggested.
I usually use :
# apt update
# apt upgrade

so you're suggesting the use of
# apt update
# apt full-grade
or is that
# apt full-upgrade    ?

TIA

The right command isĀ  apt full-upgrade.

The main difference between full-upgrade and upgrade is full-upgrade also delete dependencies which are no longer used. I guess that the older version apt-get dist-upgrade does do something similar.

Grtz

Nick