Yeah, it came out if the blue during one of the last updates. I've been
running Chimaera during the last year and didn't expect any drastic
changes. I tried to re-install wicd but the number of dependencies was too
large. So, it was a pleasant surprise that once the interface is configured
I can manage it with simple ifup/ifdown commands :) But I also found a wicd
replacement, just in case I want to reconfigure wlan0 one day. It's a Perl
script called Ceni and it's available as a package in Chimaera.