Hi,

On 21/1/22 14:08, Florian Zieboll via Dng wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:55:04 +0100
al3xu5 via Dng<dng@lists.dyne.org>  wrote:

Please, I would ask for your advices about the situation described
below.

Excuse me if this could be OT in this list.

On my chimaera system, I am using unbound as a local recursive
caching DNS (not authoritative) server. More, I have uninstalled
dnsmasq, as I do not need it and want to avoid it interfering with
unbound.

But QEMU/KVM requires dnsmasq to start the 'default' virt network.

I have seen the dnsmasq-base package should contain a dnsmasq
executable which cannot be started as a system daemon.

Maybe the dnsmasq-base package a solution?
I can confirm that having dnsmasq-base installed is sufficient to start
the network.

modprobe tun
lsmod | grep tun

Cheers,