Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:08:26 +0100 - Florian Zieboll via Dng
<dng@lists.dyne.org>:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:55:04 +0100
> al3xu5 via Dng <dng@lists.dyne.org> wrote:
>

> > Please, I would ask for your advices about the situation described
> > below.
> >
> > Excuse me if this could be OT in this list.
> >
> > On my chimaera system, I am using unbound as a local recursive
> > caching DNS (not authoritative) server. More, I have uninstalled
> > dnsmasq, as I do not need it and want to avoid it interfering with
> > unbound.
> >
> > But QEMU/KVM requires dnsmasq to start the 'default' virt network.
> >
> > I have seen the dnsmasq-base package should contain a dnsmasq
> > executable which cannot be started as a system daemon.
> >
> > Maybe the dnsmasq-base package a solution?
>

> I can confirm that having dnsmasq-base installed is sufficient to start
> the network.

Good. Thank you.

Any need to change the dnsmasq configuration to avoid port conflicts?

Or to load the tun module (as suggested by aitor -- Thanks aitor)?

Regards
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!