On 2013-03-20, at 10:56, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2013, at 7:48 AM, Rick Wesson <r...@support-intelligence.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Does the IANA have an announce list for new additions to the root, if
>> not, maybe the community would benifit by IANA starting one.
>
> s/new additions/all changes/
>
> I mirror the root zone every night and do diffs, and have found that some of
> the changes (this TLD is now doing IPv6, this TLD now has half as many NS
> records, this TLD's nameservers moved from Randy to Woody, ...)
>
> More appropriately to this thread: it would benefit the politics-watchers
> (and there are many out there) to have an announce list of changes to the
> whois data in the root.
>
> This is a perfect application of Atom feeds, FWIW.

It's not very reliable (the client I'm using seems to stall quite frequently,
and I don't tend to notice promptly) but there's this:

  https://twitter.com/RootChanges

Not an IANA service, obviously, just a poorly-written hack. But it might be
interesting to anybody who likes to skim the information deluge using twitter.

Joe