Geoff,

I personally think this is really interesting work. A question about
methodology:

On Aug 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, Geoff Huston <g...@apnic.net> wrote:
> - Our experiment used a modified DNS server that truncated all UDP at 512
> bytes, and over 10 days we enlisted some 2 million end clients to perform a
> set of tests by using online ads. The ad used a very wide geographic and
> network variety, so there is good grounds to see this set as a reasonable
> representative sample of the internet's end user population.

If I recall correctly, you're using a Flash thingie to do this.  Is that right?

If so, have you looked at how platforms that don't do Flash (notably, Apple
IOS-based devices by default) behave (at least in a lab)?  I know those devices
had an ... interesting impact on the IANA servers providing the root trust
anchor...

Thanks,
-drc