First of all, this is the wrong question to ask. Who cares what’s the most
popular anything…

The questions you should be asking are:

- What is the best tool (DNS server) for the task I have?

- Is there a good documentation?

- Can I get help? Is there a forum? Is there a mailing list? Is there a helpful
community around the product?

- Has the product healthy development? Is there a team or is that a one person
show? What is the funding model? What is the governance?

- How does the product solve security issue? Is there a procedure for handling
security issues? Are the developers transparent?

- (bonus) Are the product developers involved in the DNS community? Are they
involved in the protocol development?

And FFS never ever ask Large Language Models (ChatGPT) if you want to know
truth. There are no shortcuts to knowledge.

Cheers,
Ondřej (with my ISC BIND 9 hat)
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)