> On Apr 6, 2018, at 3:28 PM, Ian Maddison <ian@mad.paris> wrote:
> I'd be extremely disappointed to see hear of the premature demise of this WG.
> As we approach the fifth anniversary of the summer of Snowden, I've the
> impression
> of a job half one, despite all the commendable efforts of the IETF, this
> group,
> individuals like Stéphane and the getdns team, etc, etc.

Agreed.

> Privacy enabled public recursives such as the very useful quad9.net service
> are still relatively slow while the quicker ones from the good folks at
> Sinodun suffer from a lack of clients

I take it the comparison you’re drawing is to the ones that John and Sara are
running at 145.100.185.15/16?  If so, I’m not sure it’s useful to compare two
servers in one location to 800 servers in 180 locations, but if you’re seeing
poor performance from any Quad9 node, please open a bug report with a
traceroute, so one of our folks can see what’s wrong and get it fixed.

> I see a lot of effort going into outreach but it still still seems like the
> general public and journalists have yet to catch on to the scale and breadth
> of this DNS problem

Agreed.

                                -Bill