Let's retry the tests with a hot cache, since that's maybe a bit more
fair. I've picked the shortest times I could get, which involved heating
up the resolver until it was no longer waiting 10s or 30s on lame
authoritative servers.

Unbound 1.6.0 TCP 8s
Unbound 1.6.0 UDP 0.4s
BIND 9.11 TCP 0.5s
BIND 9.11 UDP 0.5s
BIND 9.10 TCP 3s
BIND 9.10 UDP 0.5s
1.1.1.1 TCP 0.5s
1.1.1.1 UDP 0.4s
8.8.8.8 TCP 5s # drops connection after 60 queries
8.8.8.8 UDP 220s # it hates me
9.9.9.9 TCP 1s
9.9.9.9 UDP 3s
64.6.64.6 TCP 0.5s
64.6.64.6 UDP 0.5s

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Trafalgar: Cyclonic gale 7 to severe gale 9, occasionally storm 10 for a time