Christian Huitema <huit...@huitema.net>于2018年4月10日周二 上午2:44写道:

> On 4/9/2018 11:00 AM, Warren Kumari wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 1:53 PM Christian Huitema <huit...@huitema.net>
> wrote:
>
>> At first sight, it seems that this moves the logging hole from the DNS
>> recursive to the ODNS recursive, and that's a meh.
>>
>> Also, instead of using a complicated tunneling through the recursive
>> resolver via name obfuscation, why not establish a secure connection to the
>> ODNS server in the first place?
>>

> The ODNS server doesn't know the client IP (it gets occluded by the
> rescursive server), and the rescursive doesn't know the question. This is
> kinda somewhat similar to the Tor model.
>
> This is a fairly common question - I think that the ODNS documents /
> people should clarify this better..
>

> They should really clarify the problem that they are addressing. As Shumon
> said, if the goal is to hide the source IP address from the recursive
> resolver, then it seems that "DNS over onion routing" would be easier to
> engineer and deploy than "oblivious DNS".
>
> They should also clarify the use of symmetric key encryption. Is the
> symmetric key specific to a client-server pair, or is shared by the server
> with a large group of clients? If the key is specific to a client, then it
> identifies the client even if the IP address is hidden. If the key is
> widely shared instead, then it takes only one bad client for the key to
> leak, and the traffic logs at the recursive DNS can be de-obfuscated.
>
> From an engineering point of view, I am concerned with applications of
> encryption to small size objects like name part or IP addresses. Modern
> symmetric algorithms operate on 128 bit blocks, with mainline AEAD
> encryption adding 16 bytes of overhead to the object. That's bad enough,
> but asymmetric algorithms are even worse. Even if you use Elliptic Curve
> crypto, the smallest practical key is 256 bits, or 32 octets. The overhead
> will make that impractical. If we happen to need longer keys it will just
> not fit in the 63 octets of a domain name part, even if we found a way to
> not require Base64 encoding. I am much more confident that we can solve the
> engineering issues if we develop an encrypted transport with onion routing.

I designed another EPT asymmetric tunnel extension in 2017:
https://github.com/abbypan/dns_test_ept

Use EDNS padding to lighten the length limit (but recursive must forward
the padding), use XOR_IP to obscure the A RR.

The problem I want to address seems similar to ODNS.

> -- Christian Huitema

致礼  Best Regards

潘蓝兰  Pan Lanlan