Hi Ralf,

On 11/28/18 4:58 PM, Ralf Weber wrote:
> Moin!
>
> It may be just me, but canceling the meeting in Bangkok at IETF 103 last
> minute when people where there physically or could make them available as the
> IETF dates are known well in advance and now scheduling an interim meeting
> with relative short notice when people might have other plans looks like bad
> planning.

The decision to cancel the session in Bangkok was not made lightly. The
issue was the lack of volunteers to help lead the discussion on the
critical issues surrounding privacy between resolvers and authoritative
servers. It wasn't until we had announced the cancellation that we found
out that Benno & Alex were starting to pull that info together.

> I appreciate the work Benno & Alex have done, but why not put it in a draft
> and discuss it on list and in Prague

It will be put in a draft, but the chairs would prefer to have active
(virtual) face-to-face discussion on them prior to Prague. That
discussion should help frame the direction the WG needs to go next.

Regards,
Brian