Hi,

Thanks for the info. I don't like fiddling with a new version, so I'll edit my /etc/hosts then. A bit messy since our server has a lot of aliases, but OK.

Best regards,
Holger

Simon Kelley schrieb:
Holger Schletz wrote:
Hi,

That didn't change anything. Old domain and hostnames without domain part still work (either from /etc/hosts or DHCP-assigned), but new domain doesn't.

How does dnsmasq know which domains it should serve, if the "local" option is not for this purpose?

For DHCP, the

domain=<domain>

config option. You can't have more than one of these unless you move to version 2.46rc1 (see posts to this list in the last few days)

For /etc/hosts, there's no limit on the domain part of fully qualified domains: for bare names in /etc/hosts (when expand-hosts is set) then the domain part comes from domain=, the same as for DHCP.

Cheers,

Simon