Subject:        Re: dnsmasq: bogus-priv for IPV6
Date:   Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:43:56 +0100
From:   Daniel P. Berrange <berra...@redhat.com>
To:     Gene Czarcinski <g...@czarc.net>

On Sat, Sep 08, 2012 at 08:54:00AM -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
Daniel ... I am forwarding this message to you because I saw that
you have done some work with qemu/kvm/libvirt and IPV6 ... actually
getting something working as described in your article.

As you may have noticed, I have some interest in dnsmasq incorrectly
(or at least undesirably) forward queries.  One thought that
occurred to me concerned IPV6 ... should there be a "bogus-priv"
option for IPv6.  The solution may be even simpler.  Comments?

I think you're right that dnsmasq should be able to stop
forwarding queries for the unique local IPv6 addrs. Whether
it is a new 'bogus-priv6' option or uses the hack-around
describe in the thread below, isn't a huge deal. I suspect
a 'bogus-priv6' option would be nicer though, since it makes
it more obvious to users.

Daniel
--
|: http://berrange.com      -o- http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|