Hi all,

Situation : I work in a small computer repair shop. For a number of the tools we use PXE will be a good option. For the security of our clients and to keep costs down I am building a single server which has 2 NIC's - one for machines known to be clean and one as a "red zone" for machines that we believe are infected - neither zone will be able to see the other however both should be able to access the shared directories on and the net through the server (also acts as gateway/firewall etc).

Initially to make life easier for the boss (who has very little Linux experience) I rejected DNSMasq for the system as it doesn't have a currently supported Webmin module (as far as I can tell), and have built the system based on tftpd-hpa and bind9.

Now that I have the second NIC installed, I am running into some issues where a specific IP address has been defined, and wondering how well DNSMasq would handle this?

Eg :

Label YLMF
        MENU LABEL ^YLMF
        LINUX /linux/ylmf/casper/vmlinuz
APPEND root=/dev/nfs boot=casper netboot=nfs nfsroot=10.0.1.1:/tftp/linux/ylmf initrd=/linux/ylmf/casper/initrd.img quiet splash --

Doesn't work for a machine connected on the 10.0.2.x side of the network, and as stated above 10.0.1.x and 10.0.2.x should never mix. 10.0.1.x works beautifully, but due to being short an NIC I never started on the 10.0.2.x stuff until tonight.

I suspect if I was to replace nfsroot=10.0.1.1:... to nfsroot=domainname: it might work.. Which is where I'd love to use DNSMasq as setting that up is easy compared to doing it via Bind.

Will DNSMasq handle this in some manner without too much issue? Also, will I have to change much of my menus etc for it to work - or is it as easy as I recall it being back in '07 or thereabouts?

Thanks in advance.