We've recently undertaken a project to clean up our network, and lock down all the open DNS resolvers. As you may know, these are very frequently used for DDOS attacks: http://openresolverproject.org/ , http://www.team-cymru.org/Services/Resolvers/ .

I haven't been able to find any sort of configuration option that would prevent DNSMasq from being abused like this, and I've had to resort to iptables rules instead. Is there a configuration option that that would disable responding to DNS queries from certain interfaces? The other option that seems handy would be one to only reply to DNS queries from hosts that have a configured DHCP lease.

Are there any features of DNSMasq that would prevent it from being abused to conduct attacks?