On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM, /dev/rob0 <r...@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 07:08:44PM -0400, Alex Xu wrote:
>> On 25/03/14 07:03 PM, sven falempin wrote:
>> > my concern of nettle vs openssl is the amount of review and
>> > testing nettle did get compared to something more widely(!)
>> > used
>>
>> something being used a lot != something being good
>
> Absolutely true, but in the context of open source software,
> especially cryptographic software, more use also tends to mean
> more code review.
>
> I'm not really qualified to judge here what is best; I can only
> point out what I, as a user, think about it. I'll trust Simon's
> judgment, but I hope he has considered these concerns.

I have not been tracking this conversation closely, but my own
take on matters is that I'm opposed to a monoculture of anything...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-29/feature-banana/4922208

And thus I enthusiastically support other OSes than linux, other
dns servers besides bind, and other crypto libraries besides openssl.

> --
>   http://rob0.nodns4.us/
>   Offlist GMX mail is seen only if "/dev/rob0" is in the Subject:

Dave Täht