Dear all,

according to the dnsmasq man page resolv-file polling shows the following
behavior:

> Dnsmasq can be told to poll more than one resolv.conf file, the first file
> name specified overrides the default, subsequent ones add to the list. This
> is only allowed when polling; the file with the currently latest modification
> time is the one used.

This seems not to be the completely true, but rather the most recently changed
file with the latest modification time is used. The difference is: in order to
have one specific file (/tmp/resolv.conf.openvpn) beat all others when
existent, I gave it a modification time in the future. However changes to
another resolv-file  (/tmp/resolv.conf.auto) due to DHCP renewals made that one
active although the modification time is older.

After a first look at the source code it appears to me that this behavior is
intended. Is it? And why?

As Sent from my iPad

Thanks,
Michael