Hi there,
Was hit by this undocumented bug in dnsmasq today / yesterday. It took a
fair whilefor me to realize this was the cause of my problem. But now
finally here! Coming across this list, and several threads in it, Michael
has kindly posted a patch to help get PXE working for UEFI clients:

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2015q4/010007.html

So today checked out the dnsmasq source code in git, and see this patch is
still missing / not applied. Therefore the bug remains in HEAD.

So since then further searching, has unturned more affected people(s), on
here:

http://serverfault.com/questions/758384/dnsmasq-proxy-mode-and-efi-boot

And to breifly highlight one of those guys' comments, in hopes it might be
relevant to finding best solution possible. Michael can you comment? As it
was written about after you already made your last patch.

"I have read the whole thread (
lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2015q4/…
<http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2015q4/009907.html>)
and I'm shocked; those guys are completely lost; UEFI perfectly supports
proxyDHCP w/o using option 60, also using option 43 when not necessary
makes no sense. If I were I'd look away from dnsmasq; Sorry I didn't know
they were having this kind of unresolved problems. – Pat
<http://serverfault.com/users/133655/pat> Feb 20 at 14:59
<http://serverfault.com/questions/758384/dnsmasq-proxy-mode-and-efi-boot#comment953297_758418>
(2016)"

Reading that, I do wonder where he got his information from. It seems to
suggest maybe there exists some working windows PXE server(s). Which work
in proxyDHCP mode for UEFI pxe clients. Something that could be wiresharked
/ pcap tcpdump'd.

Anyhow, unfortunately it doesnt seem theres any alternative to dnsmasq on
linux, for acting as a proxy DHCP server. At least not that I know of.
Several other answers on StackOverflow seem to confirm that view:

http://serverfault.com/questions/415857/can-isc-dhcpd-operate-as-a-proxy-dhcp-server-for-pxe-boot

So assuming that dnsmasq is still our best shot here, and that UEFI
compatibility its becoming much more common now, can we please look again
at michaels patch for inclusion? Or else have this known bug (of proxy
mode) documented in the man page? Would really appreciate that. Many thanks.

Dreamcat4