On 17/01/17 04:05, Eric Luehrsen wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Reading the man page, I would expect the primary address is returned
(localized) and  it acts just like any /etc/hosts entry. This would imply that
this is a bug or oversight.

quote:
-interface-name=<name>,<interface>[/4|/6]
    Return a DNS record associating the name with the __ primary address __ on
the given interface. This flag specifies an A or AAAA record for the given name
in the __ same way as an /etc/hosts line __, except that the address is not
constant, but taken from the given interface

(I don't use router DNS that specifically, so I failed to test this detail
before submitting to LEDE. )

Eric

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the the late reply - I've been distracted by many other things. Your recent lede/dnsmasq.init changes are absolutely wonderful and really useful. If it weren't for this 'featurette' of localised queries not working, it would be perfect.

I wonder if Simon could be persuaded to look into this ready for 2.77?

:-)

Kevin

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:24:34 -0800
Hello All,
Recently LEDE changed the way it allocates names to interfaces,
now using '-interface-name' rather than putting names in /etc/hosts or similar.
Unfortunately this new method appears incompatible with 'localise-queries' in
that all interfaces/aliases are included in the reply to 'nslookup hostname' and
not in a 'preferred local interface' order.
Is this an oversight/feature/bug?
Cheers,
Kevin