OK, I'm guessing that the problem lies in this commit,

http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=c77fb9d8f09d136fa71bde2469c4fd11cefa6f4a

but I still can't reproduce the problem here.

Are you able to build dnsmasq with debug symbols, run it under gdb and
trigger the crash? If you're not sure how to do that, I can help, but
for the build part, it might be better to go back to the Archlinux people.

Cheers,

Simon.