Hi,

In article <20180211083655.gy21...@gpm.stappers.nl>,
           Geert Stappers<stapp...@stappers.nl> wrote:
> I do read that statement as 80% of needed source code already present.
> Craft the missing source code into a patch, posted to here
> and see what happens.

I decided to do exactly that, and started looking at the code. It looks like
it should already be ignoring files that end in a ~. However, on my version
it's not.

In inotify.c, around line 236 is the following code block:

          /* ignore emacs backups and dotfiles */
          if (in->len == 0 ||
              in->name[in->len - 1] == '~' ||
              (in->name[0] == '#' && in->name[in->len - 1] == '#') ||
              in->name[0] == '.')
            continue;

However, if I create a file called 'fred~' in the directory I've specified
using dhcp-hostsdir I still get an event in syslog that shows this file is
being processed:

Feb 11 11:14:34 xcp-gateway dnsmasq[1039]: inotify, new or changed file
        /etc/dnsmasq/dhcp-hosts.d/fred~

This suggest that either I'm reading the code incorrectly (perfectly
possible!) or that the code isn't doing what it is supposed to do?

Which is it? Anyone?

Thanks

Andy