On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 04:16:43PM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Friday 07 February 2020 23:08:32 Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Monday 17 December 2018 18:41:09 Pali Rohár wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have not got any reply about this patch for years.
>
> So I would like to know, is some spam filter eating my emails and
> therefore patch was not delivered?
>
> Can somebody confirm if Simon got my patch or should I probably resent
> it from different email address, to prevent spam filter problems?

Here NOT the project lead.

In the 17 months since the original post on assigning IPv6 address based
on MAC address has dnsmasq seen many code changes.  Including IPv6
address assignment, even through patches.

I do have seen the reminders on "please review my patch".

Please accept this posting as "your patch from 2018-12-17 is rejected".
In case of a "Why?", be prepared for being ignored. Try to understand
that explaining why patch is not good enough does cost human energy.

Now we can go on.

Make a new start.  Install the latest version of dnsmasq.
Use it in your scenario. Find out if you can use it in your scenario.
Report your use case. Make some effort to explain that more
people can benefit from your use case, create awareness.

Let's assume dnsmasq doesn't fit YOUR use case. And you modify
it so it does fit your case. Then you have a fresh patch.
Sending that patch to this mailinglist is no garantee for acceptance.

I agree that being ignored does cost human energy. Sad, but true.

What I'm now trying is to break the loop of repeated "review my patch".

Send UPDATED versions for patches (stop retransmitting patches that
are most likely outdated.)

Regards
Geert Stappers

P.S.

Simon, I think it is a good thing to have a canned reply like:

  Patch as been recieved, reviewed and rejected.
  Please understand that explaining "why the reject"
  will drain resources from the project we both care about.
  No hardfeelings, feel free to retry.