Only just discovered dnsmasq and planning to use it on my LAN, but have a
couple of initial questions I hope can be answered here:-

I want to allocate all IP addresses from specified range, but provide DNS names
for some hosts identified by hardware/MAC address. I cannot see how to set this
up.

I can set up the range of DHCP addresses and I can set up a list of ’static’
addresses for certain specified (by MAC) hosts, but as far as I can see the
latter has to also specify the IP address which I don’t want to do. I really
want all addresses to be allocated from the DHCP range, but some of those to be
linked to a DNS name. I want to avoid having to specify individual IP addresses
for those that I want to name.

Seems simple but cannot figure how to set that up so would appreciate any
pointers as to how I can do that.

Thanks.

Ken  G i l l e t t