Simon very kindly provided the answer to my first question, but I now realise
it was specifically answered in the supplied dnsmasq.conf file. So my apologies
for not noticing.

However pondering my setup further I am puzzled by the external file options:-

--dhcp-optsfile/dir and/or --conf-file/dir point to external files/dirs. My
question then is:-

What’s the difference between these ‘opts’ and ‘conf’ files?

As far as I understand, they would both contain dnsmasq configuration options
(without the --) so is there a difference, or are they both just different ways
of specifying external configuration files of options?

Ken  G i l l e t t