Hey Andreas,

On Sat, 2022-01-01 at 16:27 +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> The manpage says "The requests blocked are for records [...]
> where the requested name has underscores". The test-query shown
> above is not for a name with underscores. So, afaict not working
> as documented.

you have removed relevant parts when quoting that changed
meaning. The man page says

> The requests blocked are for records of types SOA and SRV, and
> type ANY where the requested name has underscores, to catch LDAP
> requests.

where two parts are mentioned:

> records of types SOA and SRV,

and

> and type ANY where the requested name has underscores

I just checked the code. This is exactly what happens

SOA and SRV are always blocked, ANY only with underscores. To me,
this seems clear from the man text because of the first and
exclusively connecting SOA and SRV and then ANY + underscores
following thereafter. I see the man page wording could be
improved.

Happy New Year!

Best,
Dominik