On 15/05/2022 15:40, Kamil via Dnsmasq-discuss wrote:

PS. I've read in FAQ about 255.255.255.255 broadcast and invalid firewall rules, but I don't have any firewall rules and I'm not changing network config files when switching to isc-dhcp-server (which I use as a benchmark)

ISC dhcpd bypasses the firewall rules to receive that sort of broadcast packet and dnsmasq doesn't, so the fact that it works with ISC and not with dnsmasq is a strong hint that a firewall rule dropping destination 255.255.255.255 and/or source 0.0.0.0 may well be the problem.

What does the output of

iptables -L

look like?

Cheers,