On 2023-05-06 23:46, Buck Horn wrote:

On 06.05.2023 20:17:22, "A C" wrote:

One thing I'd like to point out is that the documentation demonstrating setting a static IP using dhcpcd.conf is not from the Raspberry Pi foundation but from a lot of other Rasberry Pi blogs online.

Setting a static IP address on-device via dhcpcd.conf (as Johan has done) is officially documented by the RPi Foundation:

https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/configuration.html#static-ip-addresses

Furthermore, as far as I recall, dhcpcd has been Raspbian's/RaspberryPi OS's approach to auto-configure network integration from the start.

Beginning with RPi OS 11/Bullseye, dhcpcd can be replaced by NetworkManager, but dhcpcd still remains the default network management tool:

https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/the-latest-update-to-raspberry-pi-os/

Kind regards,
     Buck

Yes, but if you look through a lot of the discussions it has caused more problems than it solved for anyone that was not using the Pi as a client device as is this case where the Pi is a DHCP server itself. It just doesn't work right and even the manual page for dhcpcd.conf has a different suggestion than what the Foundation listed as a configuration. Every single example is assuming the Pi is not a DHCP server of any sort.