On 1 Apr 2008, at 13:38 , William F. Maton Sotomayor wrote:

> I suppose I should dust off my notes on this issue and hammer
> something
> out, as there were some on this list who were interested in seeing a
> proposal.  Mind you, I wonder if the WG might be out of scope for
> dealing
> with 'junk' TLD.

I think that any proposal that involved adding delegations to the root
zone, even if to prisoner and friends, and even if for such domains
that are thought never to be candidates for conventional delegation
("txt", "local", etc.) would be so mired in political controversy that
it's barely worth suggesting them. Call me cynical :-)

Joe