On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 08:33:30AM -0400, Edward Lewis wrote:
> If the browsers do implement a check based on TLD name, I bet they
> are also gullible enough to implement RFC 3514.

Browsers already implement a lot of 'supra-dns' knowledge. Try visiting a
known malware or phishing site these days with a good browser. It is not the
sort of mathematically proven protection we all crave but I'm not going to
stand in their way of improving the security of a typical browsing session.

A lot more useful than 3514 for sure.

Raising bars is not perfection, but it still raises the bar.

        Bert