On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

> > I don't dispute there have been open recursor attacks. However the
> > attacks appear to be contrived and solicited, lacking in number,
> > lacking in intensity, and lacking in actual damage.
>
> People working in the field seems to think otherwise.

What people? There are 3000 or so members of ARIN. There must be tens of
thousands over all the registries.  Where are these thousands of ISPs
handling DNS open recursors attacks?  The (very) few people opposed to
open recursors either stand to sell DNSSEC software or support it, or
are known to have participated in similar deceptions.

                --Dean

617 344 9000