Edward
> Lewis
> Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:35 PM
> To: fujiw...@jprs.co.jp
> Cc: dnsop@ietf.org; ed.le...@neustar.biz
> Subject: [DNSOP] Dynamically Generated PTR, was Re: ... rDNS for IPv6...
>
> At 4:05 +0900 9/2/09, fujiw...@jprs.co.jp wrote:
>
> >Performance problem will be solved by better code and new hardware.
> >
> >In my opinion, "Dynamically Generate PTR When Queried" works well.
>
> I have to ask based on the experience I had with wildcards, how does
> this work with:
>
> 1) Zone transfers?

Is this a requirement for IP6.ARPA zones used for residential users?

> 2) Dynamic update?

Mutually exclusive per zone.  For any given zone, you can either generate
on the fly, or support dynamic updates.  If you want both, you'll have to
number them out of different scopes, which may not be as bad as it sounds.

> 3) DNSSEC?
>
> I think such synthesis is the way to go.  The problem is usually
> keeping a constellation of servers synchronized with respect to the
> synthesis rules, keeping up with changes, and signing the data.

I'd like to see more on this topic.

Lee

> --

> Edward Lewis
> NeuStar                    You can leave a voice message at
+1-571-434-5468

> As with IPv6, the problem with the deployment of frictionless surfaces is
> that they're not getting traction.

We're running out of swamp.  When we get to the edge, the tractors will
move with increasing speed.