> I do think that it belongs in dnsext rather than dnsop - did you
> decide to move based on feedback from the working group chairs?

Shane,
at least _my_ argument was an encouragement to consider whether
(or not) the underlying problem could/should be better addressed
under the umbrella of the nameserver management protocol effort
in DNSOP (i.e. _not_ in-band in the DNS protocol).

If that makes sense, the topic falls into the bailiwick of DNSOP.

Thus it seems a good idea to discuss the problem statement in DNSOP
before deciding which road to go with a solution.

BR,
  Alfred.