Alfred,

I have no further comments on part (A). I have also adopted the
leftovers in part (B), with explanation in between lines.

Best regards,
  Matthijs

On 04/11/2012 10:08 PM, Alfred � wrote:
> Matthijs, again thanks for your quick and detailed response and
> action.
>
> A few selected follow-up remark can be found inline below.
>

> On 11 Apr 2012 15:48:26 +0200, Matthijs Mekking wrote:
>> On 04/05/2012 12:48 AM, Alfred H�nes wrote:
>>> Here we go with part (B); if deemed necessary, please consider
>>> to provide feedback for the items below on the list.
>>
>> Again, all items that are adopted without feedback necessary
>> have been omitted from this reply.
>
> And I additionally dropped those items where I'm satisfied with
> your response and do not see the need to add more thoughts.
>

>>> (B)  Editorial flaws ++++++++++++++++++++

>>> (B.3)  Section 1.2 -- clarification
>>>
>>> With respect to item (B.1) above, I suggest to even better
>>> clarify the definition of "Signature validity period" in
>>> Section 1.2 (1st bullet):
>>>
>>> OLD: |  o  "Signature validity period" The period that a
>>> signature is valid. |     It starts at the time specified in
>>> the signature inception field |     of the RRSIG RR and ends at
>>> the time specified in the expiration |     field of the RRSIG
>>> RR.
>>>
>>> NEW: |  o  "Signature validity period" The time interval during
>>> which a |     signature is valid.  It starts at the (absolute)
>>> time specified in |     the signature inception field of the
>>> RRSIG RR and ends at the |     (absolute) time specified in the
>>> expiration field of the RRSIG RR.
>>
>> I don't see why this should be changed. Do you prefer interval
>> over period? Do you want the clarify that the times are absolute?
>> This is a non-issue in my opinion.
>
> Well, the issue is that RFCs 4033 and 4034, after initially using
> the precise term, "signature validity interval", have switched to
> use the misnomer "signature validity period", and we are stuck with
> that unfortunate usage for consistency with RFCs 4033/4034.
>
> "Period" is used in "Re-Sign Period" "Refresh Period" in this
> draft in the proper sense of a period - a recurring, floating
> interval that relates to the reciprocal value, a frequency.
>
> Therefore I still believe that it is worth emphasizing here, early
> in the document, that "period" in "signature validity period" is
> different, actually being a fixed time interval that, once passed,
> will not recur.  The suggested two additions of parenthetical
> "absolute" [time] seem to be a suitable way to do that with a very
> small textual footprint.

Ok, with that explanation I at least understand why you suggested this
change. Adopted.

>>> (B.6)  Section 4.1.5, list items below Figure 5 --
>>> clarifications
>>>
>>> (c) In subsequent list items, I suggest to clarify the text --
>>> where becessary -- by making the distinction between "old" and
>>> newer data more explicit, and -- in two instances -- an
>>> indication of the possibility of more than one DNSKEY RR (as in
>>> the Figure, due to the split KSK/ZSK scheme used) should be
>>> indicated by talking about the "DNSKEY RRset":

>>> can be added to the zone. ---                      vvvvv |  new
>>> DNSKEY:  After the old cache data has expired, the new key can
>>> be added to the zone.
>>
>> What is an old cache? I suggest "After the old data has expired
>> from cache" here.
>
> The proposed text did say "old cache data", not "old cache".   :-)
> But the wording you suggest is fine as well; I just tried to a
> change with a smaller footprint.

But it was ambiguous (at least to me), so I suggested the other wording.