On 13 apr 2012, at 23:43, Nicholas Weaver wrote:

> Likewise, comcast being blamed for...

Because (1) they seem to be the only large resolver operator that do
validation(?) and (2) people like us on this list try to work out end runs
around the standards we created instead of helping Comcast.

Yes, I blame myself personally there as well for not doing enough. I was
working hard when we deployed DNSSEC in Sweden to counter attack all such
arguments in the press that you refer to, and I thought, naively, that as we
managed to go through those issues, other people would as well.

But as I said in an earlier message, maybe we where lucky in Sweden that all
major ISPs did deploy validation at the same time. In the US it seems to be
Comcast only(?).

What would have happened if AT&T and Comcast and Verizon started validation
basically the same week?

Now of course we can not turn back clock, but I think still "we give up too
early" if we go down this path.

That is my reason for a +1.

Now I will go to sleep. It is Friday, and I feel I am hijacking this thread.
Violating principles of IETF lists I like myself.

More people should say what they want to say.

   Patrik