Doug Barton <do...@dougbarton.us> writes:

>> The key would still be considered valid by a validator but you shouldn't
>> act on the knowledge of the data in the key.
>
> Sorry, I don't regard that situation as equivalent at all. I
> understand your reasoning, I just don't agree with it.

And that's why we probably need to agree to disagree.  They're very
similar to me.  It's easy, using standard tools today, to create a RRSIG
on a DNSKEY with a revoke bit set that signals "something about DNSSEC"
to external parties that can't be used because it was signed with the
wrong key.  I'd been assuming you'd probably have a problem with this
too, since it meets the criteria you've been against with CDS as well.

Anyway...  I'm perfectly fine agreeing to disagree about this.  I do
think we are understanding each other and much more text won't help get
beyond the disagreement, which is not stemming from lack of
communication.
--
Wes Hardaker
Parsons